🦀 Others see in us what we see in ourselves. We recieve the kind of treatment we think we deserve.
Your Appearance Talks
- Your apparance will show others their first believe of who you are.
- Never leave home without trying to act like the person you want to be, because others will percieve you by the way you act.
- "Dress right, it always pays."
- You feel more like the person you are dressed as; a military man feels more like a soldier when he dresses in his uniform.
- Pay for twice as good and half as many:
- If you invest in higher quality items, they will last longer, they'll be in style longer, and you'll get better advice.
- This idea works mainly for clothing but can apply to other things as well.
Your Work is Important
- When you believe that your work makes a difference and it important, it motivates you to do a better job.
- If you take pride in your current job, you are more likely to perform better.
- Job thinking tells a lot about a person and his potential for larger responsibility.
- There are two kinds of people; one who views their work as a necessary evil, often complaining about lack of benefits, and those who are concerned about their future and doing the best job they can at their workplace. The latter are the one who succeed.
- You absolutely must think your job is important; if you think your job is important, you will be motivated to do a better job.
- Our attitude towards our job shows up within our subordinates; if we think highly of our job, so will those underneath us.
🦀 Enthusiasm is a key characteristic of every successful person.
- You must tell yourself your job is important and think enthusiastically; that way, the people reporting to you will do the same. If consistently show happiness while doing your job, so will your subordinates.
- You must also consistently ask yourself if your habits are worth imitating; because those around you will represent the way you hold yourself.
Give Yourself a Pep Talk Several Times
- The Parable of the Car Salesman