Prof. Dr. Milind Pande's patented research on wireless technology
H2E2: Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) Green Platform for Precision Agriculture
Hybrid Hexagonal Energy Efficient (H2E2) Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) platform is a technology which enables precision agriculture by covering maximum area in minimum sensors, increased energy efficiency, network lifetime and reducing cost. Precision agriculture includes efficient management of resources, irrigation management, crop management etc. by improving economic value for farmers. It reduces sensor requirement by 50% and covers maximum area. System is scalable and can be replicated over larger area of agricultural land.
H2E2 Performs and Offers Following things
- Sense soil moisture, soil temperature, PH and Weather Data like Air Moisture, Temperature, Atmospheric pressure, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, RainGuage etc.
- Process the collected data, compare with the requirement of the crop and sets actuator ON/OFF like water pump, solar , light, camera etc.
- Sends the recorded data as sms to farmer and related people, received SMS commands from farmers to set actuator ON/OFF
- Mobile Application is being developed to monitor and control farm from remote location
- Data analytics will be run on the field data to predict the actions taken by farmers
- Solar powered sensor nodes with longer lifetime
- Energy Efficient Wireless Network to reduce cost and improve efficiency
- Irrigation management, resources management and economic understanding are the key problems with farmers because of resources and awareness limits
- Existing solutions are quite expensive and heavy maintenance