The explanation below are only for using UNET (Unity Networking).
If you are using the Unity plugin for multiplayer games, sometimes Windows has a hard time with networking and its firewall blocks all the communications between the Players. Here are a few pointers that can help you unlock the firewall !
1.Network and Internet Set up
- Check what is the current configuration of your network, you should update the VR Tracker Gateway as a private network
- Now you need to verify if Unity can pass through the Network (Firewall & Network protection > Allow an app through firewall). If you have chosen a public network, you should allow the app through public network
2. Firewall & Network Protection Inbound Rules
By default, if you did not allow Unity to get certain privileges on the network, you won't be able to get connections from other devices.
- You need to update your Advanced settings of your network (Firewall & network protection > Advanced settings). Open the Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
- Select the Inbound Rules on the left tab
Then on the Inbound rules, you need to allow the connection for the Unity Editor and Package Manager (Double click on the selected line)
Update the Action on the General Tab
- Choose the profiles on which to apply this rules, on the Advanced tab, you can select the specific profiles on which you want to apply the rules (Select at least the Private Network, you can uncheck the Public one for security reason)
If you have any trouble, feel free to send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org