Friendly Analytics is based on the open source software Matomo. The data collected therefore largely corresponds to the data that Matomo also tracks in the default configuration.
However, unlike the default Matomo configuration, we have configured all settings for maximum privacy:
- We anonymize the last two bytes of the IP address
- We do not set cookies
- If a customer uses the user ID function, we replace the ID with a pseudonym (salted hash)
- If a customer submits an e-commerce order ID to Friendly Analytics, we replace it with a pseudonym
- We anonymize referral URLs (we only store the domain of the referral, not the path or query string, because these may contain personal data)
- We do not allow heatmaps and session recording
Our tracking in detail
Friendly Analytics tracks the following data. All of this data cannot normally be attributed to a specific individual and is therefore not personally identifiable information (PII):
- IP address (anonymized): The IP address of the website visitor. The last two bytes are anonymized, therefore it is not considered personal data.
- Date and time of the request
- Page Title: Title of the page being viewed
- Page URL: URL of the page being viewed
- Referrer URL (anonymized): URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page. For privacy reasons, we only process the domain without path and query string.
- Screen resolution being used
- Time in local user’s timezone
- Downloads: Files that were clicked and downloaded