iOS COVID Orders Banner & Screen
- Because of app regulation we aren't allowed to mention online ordering in our iOS app. Because of COVID-19, I was able to work a deal with Apple that allowed us to have a subtle CTA that directed users to our website to complete an order. iOS is our largest and most engaged user base, so educating those users that they can order on web was vital. This led to to +25% increase in orders overnight. The full impact is hard to measure as more and more iOS users move to our web app to complete their orders
COVID Announcement Component
- Played a critical role in allowing clients on Weedmaps to continue business at the height of the pandemic by communicating instructions to shoppers. Cementing WM as a critical channel for advertisers
- Businesses on our platform were struggling to operate and communicate with users at the onset of the pandemic. We created Curbside Pickup functionality which allowed for users to safely access cannabis during the pandemic
Support Black Community Banner
- After the murder of George Floyd, we built a feature that allowed businesses to opt in to show support for BLM. Not only was this just the right thing to do, but it also improved our brand favorability
Android Listing Page Refresh
- Our Android Listing Page hadn't been touched in a year. We successfully scoped out an MVP to bring the platform closer in parity with our Web and iOS apps. This page revamp lead to +20% increase in conversion actions
- Early in 2020 another squad at Weedmaps released a new Product First Search experience, but our product detail pages weren't flexible enough to connect users to the right retailer. The conversion funnel from our search experience was broken. My team followed that release with a revamped Product Detail Page that included a "jackpot" algorithm that automatically selects the best retailer that carries the product and repaired the leaky funnel
- This new product first experience now accounts for 10% of orders
Listing Header Redesign
- Led effort to redesign our Listing header. Cannabis is still a new market and there's a lot of data points that users need to know to make purchasing decision. There's a lot of complexity in this new industry, like medical vs recreational listing types. We did a lot of user research to ensure that we had selected the right data points to display to users and to ensure that they made sense to both expert and novice users.
- I wrote more about the complexity in cannabis in this blog post
- This led to +5% conversion on Web and + 10% conversion on iOS/Android
- Redesigned menu filters to make them dead simple. Cannabis taxonomy is complicated and still being defined. Users were overwhelmed by overly complex filter tools and would often get lost clicking all sorts of filters that they didn't understand. We simplified and brought focus to the filters that mattered and successfully reduced Filter Clicks by 20% while maintaining the conversion rate.
- For the longest time Weedmaps has controlled the sort order of products on clients' menus. Clients have asked for more control over their menu and we resisted because we wanted to optimize conversion. We came to compromise by letting clients mark certain items as featured. By doing this we assisted the revenue teams without hurting conversion
Sale Pricing & Savings Page
- A recent project that I'm especially proud of is leading the multi squad effort to bring Sale Pricing functionality to all retailers on weedmaps.com. This project was especially important to investors as we reached our $1.5B IPO valuation.