Basepaws is a unique pet health startup located in Los Angeles, CA. We create the world’s most innovative products for pets, and are the world leader in companion animal genetics, creating a world where pets and their people benefit from insights powered by DNA, microbiome, and other pet-relevant data.
Who you are:
We're looking for a Web Data Analyst (e-commerce) with a passion for data and web analytics to make an impact to the customer experience. You'll discover insights that drive operational, marketing, and product strategy for Basepaws customers.
To be successful in this role, one needs to develop a master knowledge of our customer-centric view of the world, continually identify opportunities throughout the conversion funnel and site experience, and be effective in building, pitching, and obtaining alignment with stakeholders. This person will help drive data-driven answers to complex questions, communicate findings, and anticipate questions from leaders and stakeholders.
- Work with the acquisition, business, and product teams to capture data needs to drive business decisions.
- Manage and implement web and mobile analytics systems set up from scratch (including ad platform pixels, Google Analytics / Tag Manager conversion event & tagging implementation.) Constantly ensure proper user tracking implementation.
- Assist SEO, PPC, and lifecycle teams with research, data analysis requests, reporting, etc;
- Lead website tests and experiments. Provide a comprehensive analysis to uncover changes in metrics, CRO opportunities, and identify shifts in user behavior, funnel issues.
- Automate data collection and templates for all experiments and metrics.
- Create documentation related to data layer / write documentation for the tech team.
- Forecast ecommerce and marketing data, run business, marketing and products reports, customer segmentation, and trend analysis.
- Stay educated on new trends, techniques and technologies used in eCom marketplaces.
Desired experience, traits & skills:
- 3+ years experience in web analytics.
- Google Analytics proficiency required;
- Strong experience in GTM setup and management;
- Google Data Studio, MS Power BI, Tableau and other BI systems;
- MS Excel / Google Sheets advanced user (including scripts);
- Experience in CRM systems integration with Google Analytics (Salesforce, Shopify, Microsoft Dynamics, Magento);