Hello! We are glad you found us. We focus on water solutions in the collective effort to achieve the Burning Man Project: 2030 Environmental Sustainability Roadmap.
We help camps create and/or utilize water and water infrastructures at the highest efficiency relative to their camp’s style and gifting operations. Ideal camps use the least amount of fresh water per activity, evaporate 100% of their gray waste water and use the largest water storage containers possible. They seamlessly integrate regenerative values into their systems designs, culture and operations. All this while educating their members on ideal water usage on and off playa.
Here's what we have going on:
- We are creating a collection of water provisioning, use and evaporation solutions to be included in the GTC Thrival Guide
- We have bi-weekly meetings every Tuesday at 12:00 noon ET / 9:00am PT
- Point of contact:
It's All Made Up (IAMU)
- We are ramping up our efforts, and would love for you to join.
- We are looking for help with finding, organizing and preparing accessible how-to documentation about innovative water solutions.
- In the future we will need volunteers to help with outreach and support for theme camps looking to improve their water use and management.
Here's how to get involved:
Like the other Infrastructure Verticals, the Water team does several things:
- Collect, organize and share innovative and effective solutions for water provisioning, use and evaporate gray water at Burning Man.
- Create and manage a BLAST (Burner Leadership Achieving Sustainable Theme-camps) point system that allows camps to know where they are and be recognized for their contributions to the actual greening of Burning Man.
Vision: Our Dreams for BRC 2030
- We envision a 2030 where water is honored by how it is provisioned, fully used, evaporated and not hauled away.
Mission: How We'll Get There
- 2021: Let the Burnerverse know GTC and the Water team is here to help. Have some basic how to's ready to go in the Thrival Guide for camps to start building. If BM 2021 happens, deploy a few key implementations that Burners can come and visit to learn more.
- 2022: Highlight successes, add more solutions to the Thrival Guide. Consider how we can improve outreach and implementation.
What We're Working On
- Finding, organizing and standardizing (where possible) documentation and manuals for efficient water
- Considering options for outreach this year, regardless of BM 2021
- Consider events, outreach options to expand program.
Here are some materials we have created to help us know what we are and where we are going, as well as the compendium of existing materials: