No technology is perfect, and Summay, Inc. believes that working with skilled security researchers across the globe is crucial in identifying weaknesses in any technology. If you believe you've found a security issue in our product or service, we encourage you to notify us. We welcome working with you to resolve the issue promptly.
- Let us know as soon as possible upon discovery of a potential security issue, and we'll make every effort to quickly resolve the issue.
- Provide us a reasonable amount of time to resolve the issue before any disclosure to the public or a third-party.
- Make a good faith effort to avoid privacy violations, destruction of data, and interruption or degradation of our service. Only interact with accounts you own or with explicit permission of the account holder.
- Try not to create multiple accounts, unless absolutely necessary and limit up to two accounts total if multiple accounts are needed. For additional accounts, please contact us for permission first.
While researching, we'd like to ask you to refrain from:
- Denial of service
- Social engineering (including phishing) of Summay, Inc. staff or contractors
- Any physical attempts against Summay, Inc. property or data centers
- Presence, absence, or incomplete configuration of DMARC records and related email configuration
- XSS on any domain other than app.sunsama.com
- XSS that impacts intra-workspace colleauges
Any activities conducted in a manner consistent with this policy will be considered authorized conduct and we will not initiate legal action against you. If legal action is initiated by a third party against you in connection with activities conducted under this policy, we will take steps to make it known that your actions were conducted in compliance with this policy.
Thank you for helping keep Summay, Inc. and our users safe!