If you are not a resident of Australia, in order to take part in Melbourne Fringe you will need a visa that allows you to work in Australia. Then the most appropriate visa to apply for is the Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408). This visa allows you to stay in Australia for a maximum of 3 months.

We recommend you submit your visa application as soon as possible as applications can take up to 90 days or more. It can take a while to arrange all the necessary paperwork, so get started on your visa application long before this – don’t leave it to the last minute! Please note this document is a guide only, Melbourne Fringe is not responsible should your visa application be unsuccessful.

Remember to check the Official Department of Home Affairs website for up-to-date information.

We can assist by providing a letter of participation. You can request one by emailing us here at artists@melbournefringe.com.au Please note: You must have completed and finalised your Melbourne Fringe registration before a letter of participation can be provided.

Because of your participation in Melbourne Fringe, the standard visa fee of $315 can be waived with the use of our ACNC Charity Registration (we’ll can assist you with this once you have begun your Visa application process.)

If you have any questions or need support, don’t hesitate to reach out by emailing artists@melbournefringe.com.au