At Dune we're on a mission to make crypto data accessible. Here's what we value and how we work to make that mission a reality.
Life is short and in that short time span you can have a huge impact or you can have little impact. At Dune we want to have a huge impact. We are inspired by great founders, artists, engineers, athletes, thinkers and tinkerers that have truly changed the world and we want to do the same.
At Dune we all take ownership over product, projects, processes and beyond. Nothing is too big or too small to pick up. We all roll up our sleeves and get our hands dirty to ensure that what needs to be done gets done. For more on this value, you can also check out this blog post by Fredrik
🏃🏻🦉 Speed, thoughtfully
When a small number of dedicated and skilled people focus hard on solving a problem amazing things can be done in very little time. We also believe part of what sets great teams apart is their ability to think through problems before jumping to a solution. Sometimes moving a little bit slower now lets us move a lot faster later. In general we should move incredibly fast, but also recognize when we need to be thoughtful before acting.
Integrity is having a perspective and saying it like it is. If anything is off we flag it and address it without hesitation. Be that in the data, moral standards of your colleagues or product we deliver. At Dune there's no barrier to speak your mind in a respectful and constructive manner. Furthermore, to us integrity is also sincerity and the intangible feeling of something just being right - like hearing a brilliant song. We want to evoke such feelings with the products, relationships and culture we build.
The path is the goal, so you need to enjoy yourself along the way. Professional athletes train and work extremely hard, but also take good care of themselves. At Dune we do the same. We think it's important to have fun and enjoy the ride, both inside and outside of work. While working at Dune there's time for the various things in life that make you physically and mentally happy.
👇 Examples of what this means in practice
- 🏛️ We make bold decisions and have the integrity to stick to them. Going all in on the crypto community (like we do in Dune) is a decision like this. It looks weird to a lot of people, but fundamentally it makes the most sense and when you stick to it you will gain the most.
- 🤔 When we make changes to our data, many users build on top of that so changes are typically breaking. Sometimes it makes sense to push things out and get feedback quickly, other times you want to double check that everything is correct before you push. When it's a two-way door and you can walk back again you can move fast, when it's a one way door that you can't return through you double check that everything makes sense.
- 💆 Sometimes Dune demands a lot, sometimes a bit less. We strive to produce high quality output, not hours in a time sheet (we have no such sheet). We embrace the flexibility that remote work enables and expect you to set aside time for yourself. We highly encourage you to go for a walk or run when the sun is out, or take a few hours off if skiing/climbing/poker/family/insert preferred activity conditions are good. There's generally no need to ask for permission. The exception is when you are working closely on a project with others that might depend on you, then it can be good to communicate when you are unavailable.
- 🤌🤌🤌 When you hear a great song you can become euphoric and full of joy because it's such a great and genuine piece of art. We wanna invoke similar feelings when working at Dune, both for ourselves and for the community we serve. Be that in a feature, a Tweet, reply to a customer or in a piece of swag we hand out. That is integrity to us. We embrace all the nuances and textures that make life exciting and beautiful.
- 🤪 Enjoying life means having fun. Life is short and therefore one should maximise fun. While we take the work we do seriously we don't take ourselves too seriously. We are fortunate to be in a space that lives on Twitter, rather than Linkedin. We're here for the memeing of life.