High quality audio DJ Twitch Stream
This option is for you if:
- If you value folks being able to see, hear, and feel like they're dancing with one another
- Audio quality is super important to you, and you don't mind a little extra setup for the DJ and participants
- Group of < 40 people (you can do more you just won't see everyone at once)
- For DJ / Host. External DJ equipment and desktop / laptop for streaming
- For Participants. Computer 💻or mobile phone 📱
- Interactive video over Zoom
- DJ video and audio stream over Twitch
- High quality audio stream from DJ
- Interactive (enough)!
- 👀Can see everyone participating at the same time (DJ and everyone else)
- 🎤🚫Microphones need to stay muted
- ⌛️Requires a little technical savvy from organizer (~45 minutes to setup)
- Requires participants two apps for full experience
- 💲Zoom free is limited to 40 minute meeting, $10 for a month to remove time limit
Why not Facebook Live?
Facebook Live is great for exposure, but doesn't support high quality audio streaming, getting up to 128 kbps max, and cutting off a lot of the lower bass notes.
Twitch supports up to 160 kbps audio streaming, and sounds pretty darn good when you plug the stream into a big speaker system at the participant end - the audiophile in me is satisfied.
If you want Facebook Live instead though, it's incredibly easy to use this guide to setup OBS and simply select "Facebook Live" instead of Twitch as an output stream. Here's instructions for streaming from OBS to Facebook Live.