If GlobalReader Dashboard shows no data from the machine, go through the next steps.
- Check the color of the machine on the admin Dashboard
- RED - Black Box is offline
- Yellow - no data from the machine or there is an ongoing interruption
- Green - machine is working
- Machine works but no data on Dashboard
- If the machine is working but data doesn't appear on graph, then check the cables of your sensor. In case of a physical sensor make sure that the light on sensor is blinking when it has to blink. It is also important to observe that it hasn't shifted, blocked or damaged.
- GlobalReader Black Box is offline
If there is no LED light on on top of the BlackBox
- Make sure that there is current in the electrical socket - connect some other electrical device to it (for example: working lamp) or connect the Black Box to another plug where there is electric current.
- Make sure that Black Box AC adapter works - connect power adapter from working GR device or extra DC adapter (12V, 2A) to the Black Box and then check again.
Cyan LED is blinking fast
- Some of the needed network TCP ports are closed
- Restart Wifi router
Green LED blinking fast shows that there is no WiFi connection - either WiFI credentials have not been saved to the Black Box or the Wifi router is not allowing the connection (for example: DHCP address is not being distributed).
- Check if the WiFi network is connectable from other devices - for example, mobile phone
- Check Wifi credentials and reconfigure Wifi credentials on the Black Box if needed
- Check if WiFi signal strength is greater than -65 dB, if not add an access point to the Wifi network.
- The BlackBox can only connect to 2.4GHz Wifi
Restart BlackBox by removing power from it for a few seconds and then putting it back
Any other color on the Black Box, restart it and if no change contact email@example.com