Initial supply sourced from here.
- $BADGER Total supply — 21,000,000 fixed (can’t mint more)
- $DIGG Total initial supply — 4000
Initial Distribution Breakdown (BADGER)
- Liquidity mining: 4,830,000 $BADGERDuring the 8 week period users that deposit in the Badger Sett product will earn $BADGER. The longer you stake, the increased multiplier of rewards you will receive. Also, with the Sett product having fees similar to other DeFi vaults, there will be immediate revenue to bootstrap the DAO.
- Developer mining: 3,150,000 $BADGER- Developers that build products and Sett vault strategies will earn $BADGER. The amount they earn is a reflection of how much of the DAO’s overall revenue they’re responsible for.
- DAO treasury: 7,350,000 $BADGERIt’s important that there is a DAO treasury upon launch for the greater community to decide how to allocate it. Having $BADGER tokens specifically for providing incentives to users for continuing to deposit in Sett and eventually use other Badger products, we believe is critical. To prevent any malicious actions, $BADGER treasury will be locked for 30 days post launch to ensure appropriate token distribution.
- Gitcoin: 420,000 $BADGERBadger and Gitcoin share the same values, grow open source and the community. That’s why we are going to reward anyone that has donated to Gitcoin since inception. They are the exact community members we want in Badger DAO.
- Airdrop: 3,150,000 $BADGERIt’s critical to build the “right” community of people that share our belief. That’s why we will be retroactively rewarding people that have taken action to prove these values. We recently announced we are going to reward anyone that has donated to Gitcoin with $BADGER since inception. Coupled with this group, we will have 5% of the total supply allocated for the “early contributors program” thats for those that help us between now and launch. This ofcourse includes helping define the right liquidity mining strategy. Finally there will a large % of the airdrop allocated to users that have participated in different DeFi protocols in the last few years. More details to follow.
- Team: 2,100,000 $BADGERThe founding team will be rewarded $BADGER at every block that it’s mined through the LM event. We felt it was important to create incentives for the operations team to lead the project after launch and reward them for developing everything for pre-launch. All the tokens will be in a time-locked contract that we have no ability to touch. Tokens will be linearly released every month for 1 year. This contract can still be used for voting and if the community decides to do so, whitelist addresses for sending founder tokens can be added through a vote.
Initial Distribution Breakdown (DIGG)
- DAO treasury: 1600 $DIGG- Allocated to the DAO for the community to decide how to best utilize. Similar to $BADGER there will be a 30 day post LM launch to prevent malicious actions.
- Liquidity Mining: 1600 $DIGG- To earn $DIGG users must deposit in our Sett product. When $DIGG launches, you’ll earn both tokens during the appropriate timeframes. This our attempt to drive additional stickiness with the Sett product.
- Team 200 $DIGGThe founding team will be rewarded $DIGG at every block that it’s mined through the LM event. All the tokens will be in a time-locked contract that we have no ability to touch. Tokens will be linearly released every month for 1 year.
- Airdrop: 600 $DIGG- We believe most of the $DIGG airdrop allocation should be for those that step up during the early contributor program as they will be the people that will best ensure Badger aligns with community sentiment pre-launch.
**Updated from proposal: https://forum.badger.finance/t/digg-launch-parameters/209**
40% BadgerDAO treasury
40% Farming Rewards
5% Founding team
15% Airdrop (including Early Contributor Program)
BadgerDAO will create first liquidity pools with funds from treasury at 1:1 DIGG:WBTC price