I am gathering donations for hygiene kits for homeless people and rough sleepers around London
I want to act fast, as there's many people still in the street with barely any access to facilities, and want to support them in going through the pandemic with dignity.
Help me with donations of key items, or donate through our fundraiser here: https://tinyurl.com/yaaqdvas or to safe the GoFundMe Fees of almost 4% transfer into the specifically set up Monzo Account: Claudia Stachelhaus, 07959863, 04-00-04
🔍The situation ⛺
- Although the government ordered the councils to help homeless people get off the streets and house them in hotels, the reality is that there are still many homeless people in the streets who are exposed to the virus.
- Many drop-in centres, public toilets, cafes and shops with facilities have closed. The people on the street are struggling to get access to showers, toilets, or even drinking water.
🚨The emergency plan
- Provide emergency kits in direct outreach and distribute a wider range of products at various daily food distribution points in Hackney and wider London
Essential hygiene kit
- 1 bottle of hand sanitiser
- 1 toothpaste
- 1 toothbrush with cover or folding
- Spray Deodorant
- 1 pack of wet toilet wipes
- 1 pack of baby wipes
- 1 bar of soap
- 1 bottle of water
- + one added chocolate bar
➡️Each kit costs about 5£
- Dry shampoo
- Sun Cream
- Disposable razors
- Travel-sized shampoo
- Travel sized shower gel
- Body lotion
- Hand cream
- Sanitary products
- ...anything else you believe would be useful or bring some comfort!
- Any questions? Contact me, Claudia 07768 843150, email@example.com
➡️Outreach Update, June 15
The £2,000 mark has been reached - plus a kind donation from Lush
More stock acquired and most of them straight away distributed at Trafalgar Square again - we couldn't serve all and had to disappoint lots
More than 100 people served within 40 min, before we ran out of product. People are so grateful, just taking what they really need