The only accepted timezone at Remote is UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).
You can read more about it on our blog:
What's wrong with your time zone? | Remote
Advantages of using UTC as your one true time zone include:
- No more need to Google other time zones. You immediately know the difference from where you stand to UTC, and that's it.
- Not affected by Daylight Saving Time. This advantage speaks for itself.
- No more need to ask people where they are. You can focus on finding availability quickly and easily.
- You can add it to your calendar by default or use it as secondary time. Most calendar solutions support this.
Disadvantages are slim:
- You don't get to brag about where you live with every meeting invitation.
- You can't use the time zone excuse to explain why you missed an important meeting.
Adding UTC to your calendar:
You can setup your calendars to use UTC as default or as secondary calendar.