Effective date as of 31 August 2022
Approved by: Chief Operating Officer
At a Glance
Five Good Friends is committed to providing Members with choice and control over who provides care, services, goods, and equipment to support them to live the life they want in the community they love. We will ensure that all third party partners are suitably vetted and verified to provide a quality and safe service.
This policy applies to all third party partners (sub-contracted service providers) and Five Good Friends employees who engage with third party partners.
This policy supports best practice sub-contracting and compliance management to ensure Five Good Friends selects the best third party partners to provide high quality services and protect the safety of Members. Five Good Friends undertakes compliance checks and ongoing monitoring aligned to external legislative and regulatory requirements and future business strategies and growth.
- Consumer Directed Care – is the model of providing care by offering consumers (Members) more choice and flexibility. Consumer Direct Care gives people who receive home care more control over the care and services they receive, including how it is delivered and who provides it.
- Third Party Supplier – a service provider who has provided services to a Five Good Friends Member who is yet to commence or has commenced entering into a contractual agreement with Five Good Friends.
- Third Party Partner – a service provider who has entered into a contractual agreement, and meets the compliance requirements to provide care, goods and services to Members of Five Good Friends.
- Third Party Preferred Partner – a service provider who has entered into a contractual agreement, meets the compliance requirements to provide care, services, goods, and equipment to Members of Five Good Friends and has entered into a commercial agreement with Five Good Friends.
- Third Party – Online Exemption – a service provider who is a company that is:
- An online order/process company
- Low risk to our Members
- A respectable and known company/entity
- Has a suitable returns policy
- Is covered under Australian Consumer Law
- Is paid upfront and/or accepted Five Good Friends trading terms.
- Five Good Friends strives to maintain the highest level of confidence from all Members, families, communities and other stakeholders in our ability to provide high quality and safe services to our Members.
- Five Good Friends will implement safeguards to ensure relevant compliance requirements are set out in policy, workflows, and the Third Party Partner Brokerage Agreement.