Split out into groups. Each groups works on a different metric/theme
You should have a couple of themes/metrics that came out of the Great Metrics Review. If your team is bigger than 3 people, you’ll want to split out into groups and assign a different theme/metric to each group.
Each group will have a page on the Google Jamboard Template that they’ll use to brainstorm ideas.
This is how we broke down the brainstorming stage:
- 30 minutes for everyone to add their ideas to the Google Jamboard Template
- 30 minutes to talk about + organize your ideas in your group (put related things near each other, merge things that are duplicates)
Once the groups have finished brainstorming, you do dot-voting as a team.
Once everyone’s happy and finished with the brainstorming stage, you re-group and do dot-voting as a team.
This is how dot voting works:
- Everyone takes ~ 10 minutes to read over all of the ideas on the Google Jamboard.
- Everyone gets a certain number of dots that they can use to vote (there are many ways you can calculate the number of votes each person gets - here’s how Retrium does it
- Everyone uses their dots to vote on the ideas that they think will be the most effective at moving the metric. (this normally takes ~ 10 minutes)
- Then, you take the ideas with at least more than one vote, and stick them in the
ideas table for the next session.