LAST UPDATED: September 14, 2021
These Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") govern your relationship with the School Buddy mobile application (“app”) and website (the "Service" or “Product” ) operated by Braden Boothby ("us", "we", or "our").
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using our mobile application or website (the "Service").
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the provided Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms in contract with Braden Boothby.
Agreement to the Terms
By using our Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms, you may no longer use the Service. If you are accessing the Service on behalf of someone or something else, you agree that you have the authority to represent the entity.
ARBITRATION NOTICE: YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
Changes to the Terms of Service
We may modify or edit these Terms at any time based on our sole discretion. If or when we modify these Terms, you’ll be able to see the latest changes as well as the last update date where the Terms are provided on the app or website. By continuing to use the Service, you agree to accept the latest updates not only to the product, but also the Terms. If you no longer agree to be bound by our Terms of Service, you may no longer use the Service. We may also modify, change, or discontinue portions of the product at any time at our sole discretion.
- When you create an account on our Service, you must provide accurate, complete, and up-to-date information. Failure to do so is a violation of these Terms and may result in termination of your account.
- You are responsible for maintaining your password that you use to access the Service for any activities or actions under your account. All passwords are securely managed through the Service, but it is your responsibility to enhance the security by not providing it to anyone else.
- You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account on the Service.
- You may not use a username or display name that is the name of another person or entity that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, inappropriate or obscene. Failure to comply with this policy may result in termination of your account on the Service.
Who may use the Service
You may use the Service only if you are 13 years or older and are not restricted from using the Service under applicable law whenever federal or local.
Fees and Payments
- In-app purchases
- The in-app products available to you on the Service are charged one-time to your iTunes Account.
- Prices of products listed on the Service do not include taxes. You’re responsible for paying these taxes at the time of payment collection.
- Discounts and Promotions
- We may run various promotions from time to time that offer a discount on in-app purchases located in the Service. These promotions have no cash value and are non-transferable and will automatically expire if unused within thirty days.
- Payment Processing
- We utilize Stripe to provide payment processing for our users ("merchants"). By using our service, you agree to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement which includes the Stripe Terms of Service. By agreeing and accepting this agreement, you agree to be bound by these terms that Stripe may update at any given time. By providing the tools to become a merchant on School Buddy through Stripe, you agree to provide accurate and up-to-date information and you authorize us to share this information to Stripe for account creation, tax preparation and other means necessary.
- We are not responsible for collecting sales tax on products sold as a merchant on the platform. It is your responsibility to collect these fees and report them to the proper agencies.
- If a merchant has more than $20,000 USD in sales and more than 200 transactions in a given year, the merchant will be required to file these earnings with the IRS. School Buddy will provide 1099-K forms in collaboration with Stripe to merchants that meet or exceed these requirements.
- We may reach out at any given time for the merchant to provide more details to School Buddy to ensure transactions are properly flowing. If information is not provided within the specified time period, School Buddy will shut down the connected merchant account. In the event of high sale volume or suspicious activity, you may be required to provide some (or all) of the following items:
- Full Name
- SSN (complete or last 4 digits)
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Identity Verification Document (passport, drivers license, etc.)
- All files sold on the Service must be in compliance Stripe and the Service. If an item is found on the Stripe Restricted Business list, it will be terminated from the School Buddy platform. Failure to comply will result in removal from the Service and Stripe.
- All files and products uploaded to the Service must belong to you. If you do not have the rights to upload the media, it should not be listed on the Service. If you’d like the report a file on the Service, please reach out the Support Team at email@example.com with the Product URL, your name, item information, and the relationship to the product. We will remove all confirmed violations within 10 business days.
- All merchants agree to follow the School Buddy Honor Code when registering on the Service. Failure to comply may result in a product/Service ban.