🔗 This is applied to both YIC (https://younginnovators.my/) & JI (https://juniorinnovate.asia/) websites.
Last updated: 24 Feb 2021
By registering on our competition(s), you and your team have agreed to the following Terms and Conditions:
Eligibility and Entry Requirements
- To be eligible to enter a competition:
- Participant must be a real person residing in Malaysia.
- Participant must register on the competition websites (younginnovators.my and juniorinnovate.asia) to qualify for the competition.
- A participant is allowed to submit one entry to a competition.
General Ground Rules
- Participant agrees not to carry out any activities whatsoever that would be harmful to self, other participants, and the organizers, or violate any existing laws of Malaysia.
- The organizers are responsible, and have taken all necessary steps, in ensuring the health and safety of participants at all times during the workshop. However, participant understands that there may be circumstances in which unlikely incidents could occur beyond the control of the organizers.
- Participant is aware of the activities and events for which he/she has registered, and he/she and his/her parents/guardian understand that accidents and injuries may occur while participating in such activities and events. Participants agree to assume the risk of injury or death caused by participation in the competitions. These risks include, among other things, loss or damage to personal property, injury or fatality due to participation in activities, accident or illness, and accidents while travelling to and from activity sites.
- In consideration of participant's attendance at this competition, participant assumes all the risks inherent in him/her attending this event and participating in the activities and release all claims, including negligence, arising out of this event, and the participant hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Chumbaka, its third parties, and their assigned their employees from any liabilities, actions, and claims, including negligence, arising from any accident or injury.
- In the event of an emergency, illness, or accident concerning participant, he/she understands that his/her parents/guardian will be notified immediately. Participant hereby gives his/her permission for the organizers to arrange for him/her to receive emergency medical attention or treatment. He/she accepts liability for any medical, and/or ambulance expenses, which may be incurred.
Starting and Closing Dates
- A competition shall open for entries at the time and on the date specified on our website in relation to the competition and/or social media channels, and similarly, shall close to entries at the time and on the date specified on our website in relation to the competition and social media channels. Unless otherwise stated, these times and dates are set to those for Malaysian time zone (GMT+8).
- Any entries received before the opening or after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice, in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of our control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to participants as soon as possible by us.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of all of these terms and conditions.