In short: Full-time position, remote, based in the USA, UK, or Europe. Generous stock options in the company. Salary range $120k - $160k.
😍 We are Gigs
- Gigs is building Stripe for phone plans. Enabling platforms to sell phone & data subscriptions to their users through an easy-to-use API in 200+ countries.
- For consumers, Gigs makes it super simple to subscribe to and manage a phone plan with a few clicks. A phone plan you’ll love to use yourself. Easy, transparent & global connectivity for your smartphone, smartwatch or IoT device.
- See the immediate results of your work. Our large-scale integrations mean huge adoption within a short time. We obsess about the needs of our partners and their end customers to build a best-in-industry experience.
- We are backed by the investors behind Stripe, Dropbox, Airbnb, Facebook, Spotify & Plaid. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and investors that can help us in tricky situations.
- We completed the Y Combinator W21 batch and have further raised our Seed and Series A rounds with USA-based investors.
🔧 The position
- Negotiate telecom carrier deals. We work with telecom carriers and operators globally. Our contacts include MNOs, MVNOs, and roaming providers. It will be your bread and butter to negotiate supply-side deals across all different players and geographies. Including COGS negotiation, contract negotiation, and strategic direction to manage margin ($ and %), along with driving growth MoM and YoY. This includes initial market launches as well as renegotiating and improving supply-side sourcing continuously.
- Build out our supply-side negotiation strategy. As the first dedicated telecom team member, you establish the deal structures and operators partnership framework for the delivery of the Gigs platform. You will be the subject-matter expert for business and regulatory affairs associated with the telecommunications industry on new and prospective product/service launches.
- Manage stakeholders. As the leading supply-side figure, you’ll have to manage external and internal stakeholders. You’ll foster and drive external relationships with our suppliers while managing the involvement of our supply in many internal, cross-functional projects. This includes leading the business escalation process with each telecom provider to ensure proper attention is given at appropriate intervals to critical service issues. As well as communicating strategy and progress internally, and collaborating with business development, executive, finance, legal, marketing, product, and engineering.
- Challenge industry norms. Gigs wouldn’t be where it is today if we didn’t think outside the box and challenge boundaries when it comes to telecom. A big part of your job will be to find ways to mold telecom operators to what Gigs needs, establish new internal and external avenues that leverage our integrations, and are quick to find smart solutions to old problems.
- Over the next months and years, we'll build up an telecom team around you.
👟 About you
→ We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you. 🦄
- You bring 8+ years of experience in Telecom. You’ve “been there and done that” in telecom, meaning you’ve been involved in managing the global wholesale voice, SMS, and data business. Having seen it all, you are now eager and ready to disrupt this industry.
- Nice to have: You’ve been on the sell-side of a leading national telecom network and want to switch to the good side 😇
- You know the ins and outs of the wholesale, aggregator & operator industry. Both on a global and regional level(s). You know how telecom operators function, integrate, and negotiate wholesale deals. Your deep knowledge of the telecom space gives you a good idea of what industry developments are next. You’ll need this knowledge for things such as running RFP’s on a Global or Regional level(s), while working on international programs and projects in telecom.
- You think outside the box and challenge boundaries. You continually seek to forge a new path within telecom. By relentlessly challenging industry norms, you are capable of continually improving our telecom supply. You prefer to define new industry standards rather than live by the status quo.
- You lean in. When the going gets tough, you get
tougher smarter. You naturally double down and lean in to find smart solutions to problems or potential roadblocks.
- You love to negotiate. You are not only a team player, but bring the spirit to inspire our partners and team members. You are hands-on, passionate, persistent, and creative. You get things done and have high personal productivity. As a natural doer first, you inspire by leading by example.