Our current team call has two problems:
- it is not accessible for people in all timezones
- there is not enough time to hear everyone speak, and therefore the bonding is less effective
As our company is growing fast, we need a solution that will scale along for the next 6-12 months.
What do we need?
- We need a way to share updates across the company
- We need ways to get to know each other better, and laugh together
What don't we need?
- A forum to have discussions. Ad-hoc and planned meetings with only relevant people are better for that
- A place to collect feedback. We have this in Slack, Notion, Asana, and GitLab (depending on what it regards)
- Have a single all-hands a week
- Have multiple bonding calls (e.g. every other day)
- Do async updates by recording videos
Proposed Schedule of Changes
- Bonding Calls (days can be modified)
- Weekly All-hands meeting
- Wednesday - at 1:30pm UTC to get as many "live" team members as possible
- Question of the Day
- Could post a question in #team-time to continue bonding/engagement