🤗 About Primer
- We're building a new kind of education company. Our goal is simple: help the next generation of kids be more ambitious, more creative, and learn to think for themselves.
- We're not taking a traditional approach, and we're not looking for traditional thinkers. We're working on Primer because we believe it's the most important work of our lives, and we're building a company where you can do the best work of your life.
- We're always open to taking bets on ambitious people early in their careers. In fact, we prefer it.
- We're a small team with a sunny office in the Mission District in San Francisco. We hail from companies like SpaceX, Square, Gumroad, Airbnb, Khan Academy, and Coinbase. We're well-funded by many of the top investors in our industry, and are building a real business fueled by real revenue — not just venture capital.
💭 What we believe
- We believe that kids are remarkable — and that our current education system is underestimating them.
- We believe that we need a new kind of education system — one where we value what kids learn both outside and inside the classroom. Where they learn how to solve real problems, not how to pass tests. Where they learn to think critically for themselves, not to memorize the traditional views. Where they are more ambitious, more curious, and more creative as a byproduct of their education experience.
- We believe that we need more kids pursuing non-standard paths. We need more 'weirdos' by society's standards — kids that blaze their own trail, follow their passions, and learn to think differently.
- We believe that offering an accessible, superior education to millions of kids is one of the highest leverage things technology can do — and by doing so, we have a chance to bend the arc of history.
🎉 About this role
- There’s magic happening on Primer:
Primer | Blog - Ryan's Journey from Learning to Teaching
Primer | Blog - Introducing Lily: From Gamer to Game-Creator
Primer | Blog - Meet Finn Yang: Writer and Musician
- To date, we’ve done a poor job sharing this magic with the world. Your job is to change that! We want to expand society's imagination about what kids are capable of. We want Primer to be known as a place that believes in the collective and individual potential of kids.
- You'll define the foundation for the Primer brand and broader community of current and future Primer families.
- You’ll be focused both on the day to day storytelling work and the big picture vision of what storytelling at Primer can become. This is one of those rare startup roles where we’re excited for you to work on both execution and strategy.
- We mean what we say: we want you to do the best work of your life at Primer. From the big things (like a beautiful office and great hardware setup) and the small things (like clear documentation and a bias towards action), we take this commitment seriously.