💡 Building your Launch Student Profile is easy! On this page we will show you how.
🤓 Watch this short tutorial to learn how to build your Launch Student Profile 🤓
‼️ You must submit your first draft Student Profile for review before the next Countdown session ‼️
Recap of what comes next:
- Go to www.forge.directory
- Login using your full name (first and last) and phone number (with area code)
- Upload your bio and resume content. Don't forget to "Save" while you are editing!
- Tip: Don't have a portfolio or sample work to link to? Don't worry. If you leave this section blank, it won't show up on your profile.
- Another tip: For your headshot: no high school graduation pictures. Don't crop a photo that has you and another person. Go for smart casual/business casual. Look sharp, but not formal. A clear photo against a plain wall works just fine. *Photo should be smaller than 5MB.
- Hit "Submit for Review" once ALL of your content is in the student profile builder and you have taken time to make as many improvements as possible on your own.
- Add any questions or comments for our team in the Student Notes section (optional)
- Keep an eye on your email over the next week for edits + feedback from our team.
How to save everyone time...
The most common piece of feedback we give is “give us more detail.”
Check your resume for all of the things we reviewed in Countdown #1. Take some time to make thoughtful edits, additions, clarifications, etc.
Make sure you've done your due-diligence on the easy stuff (strong action verbs! Everything is spelled correctly! You put a decent amount of time reviewing examples and then writing your student bio! It’s frustrating for everyone to send back feedback on super low-level stuff that we’ve already covered.
Err on the side of too much information, rather than too little. It’s easier for us to cut stuff back, but we can’t invent what you did in a job. (Only you know that!)