“I’m worried about the climate crisis but I’m not sure how I can help.”
Work On Climate can help! These are community-suggested resources for delving into different areas of the climate problem. Resources are grouped into starter packs.
A starter pack is:
- A collection of no more than 4-5 resources
- Quality over quantity
- Expert validated and credible
- Helped someone unaffiliated with the resource with their transition into working in climate
- You cannot add, or ask to add your own initiative to a starter pack
Our hope is that a starter pack will provide the tools you need to brainstorm climate solutions and figure out how you can help. Do you have other resources to suggest? Did you take an action or learn something useful from a starter pack? Share it with us on #learn-the-space
Welcome to Work on Climate? Not sure how to get started? Here are some accessible resources to help you begin...
- Hal Harvey can give you a dose of hope. This hour-long video shows how one person can make a difference in climate policy if they are hyper strategic.
- Project Drawdown’s go-to list of 80+ unique and surprising climate solutions can help you discover new climate solutions that you didn’t know existed, and help you prioritize which solutions to work on.
- How to Save a Planet Podcast, from Gimlet, has some bite-sized episodes to help you begin to grasp the space.
- Breakthrough Energy, Bill Gates's organization, gives a thorough and clear explanation of various U.S. climate solutions by sector and the challenges that each faces. (Note: some criticism of Bill Gates' approach.)
💚 Friends starter pack
Go with friends!
- Work on Climate — Hey, that’s us! We would love to be your climate friend and help you find a meaningful role in climate. Come join us on our Slack.