Learning guides are a critical piece in student learning journeys at Sora. Students set learning goals and work on learning challenges, supported by our guides. We're looking for an undergraduate/graduate-level candidate (or former teacher) for each position below👇.
- Roughly 5hrs per week per subject area
- You can expect to work between the hours of 11a-3pm Eastern time, Monday - Friday. We can slightly adjust hours when needed.
🛹 The Role
- Facilitate group conversations, challenges, and guide students towards completing their learning goals
- Weekly 1:1 meetings with students with goals in your area of expertise
- Working with students to identify the right resources for their learning needs, and building accountability plans around them
- You will have our internal software to track student progress and goals—you will not be responsible for scheduling and logistics.
✨ Who You Are
- Strong experience or proof that you know how to learn (help others learn) your subject area in a world-class way
- Previous experience teaching or studying your subject area
- Previous experience self-studying a subject on your own
- Superior communication and management skills
- Ability to work as a guide for high school students
- Ability to lead a group of high school students towards a specific goal
- Familiarity with building intrinsic motivation and how to curate it
- Familiarity with world class language learning tools and methods