Remote, Part-Time, and Flexible (1-10 hours/week, $110-225/hr)
BestPracticer (https://bestpracticer.com) helps modern workers continuously upgrade their skills and excel at work. We deeply believe that all people are capable of growth and rapid skill development, particularly when they have an expert in their corner.
We're bringing structured, on-the-job learning to software engineers up and down the org, from entry-level roles to senior engineers, tech leads, and beyond. Our approach is based on domain expertise, authoritative content, and a clear methodology. On BestPracticer, any accomplished software engineer can become a rockstar teacher. The only requirement is that you love working 1-1 with individuals that are eager to learn.
About The Role
- Work 1-1 with software engineers: We match you with individuals across a variety of companies that are eager to learn from your skills and experience. You'll meet with them on a regular basis to help them learn and grow using the BestPracticer curriculum and coaching methodology.
- Help learners overcome on-the-job challenges: Use your expertise and perspective to give learners actionable steps to take with confidence towards solving work challenges and performing at the peak of their ability.
- Teach skills that are valuable throughout a learner's career: Use BestPracticer content and skill maps to help learners identify and focus on the skills that will enable them to achieve their long-term career goals.
- Build meaningful relationships: The most fun and rewarding part of being an instructor on BestPracticer are the connections you make. You'll build deep relationships with like-minded individuals in the industry, share in their challenges and wins, and help someone make meaningful, career-changing progress.
- You have at least a couple of years of software engineering experience, writing high-quality software with a team in startup and/or large company environments.
- You appreciate the aspects of software engineering other than writing incredible code such as writing design docs, doing great code reviews, and collaborating with the product and design teams.
- You like to teach, mentor, and enable other engineers to do great work. You get a lot of reward in helping someone else to succeed at their highest potential.
Or email email@example.com if you have any questions about the role
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal and regulatory requirements.