💡 We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help us reshape the way women think about investing, improving the financial lives of millions.
📍 Based in London
About The Role.
- As one of our first engineers you will play a lead role in building Alpher from the foundations.
- You will join a collaborative and supportive team in a fast paced environment, creating an engaging and beautiful product that will change the financial lives of millions of women.
- Working with our engineering team, you will make key architectural decisions that will be foundational pillars of the engineering organisation for years to come.
- You will be given ownership of entire features end to end, the space and support to lead product direction, and the opportunity to shape the platform from day one.
- You will help grow the team, be involved in hiring and mentoring new engineers, and work towards our commitment to build a 50%+ female engineering team.
- Parts of our product you might be building include:
- Our investment platform: this is the engine that powers our user’s investments, including payments, trading, and portfolio management.
- Our community pillar: features that help users informally build confidence in investing, and engage with each other.
- The onboarding experience: making onboarding approachable for our users, whilst taking a data driven approach to optimise conversion.
- You will work across our stack, using React/React Native and Node.js (both Typescript). We also use GCP & Hasura (GraphQL), but we don't expect you to have previous experience in these.
The growth engine of women’s wealth.
Women’s wealth accumulation is at an all time high, growing at 1.5x the rate of men. Retail investing is growing at unprecedented levels, with no signs of slowing. Yet, women are sitting on the investment sidelines.
We’re building Alpher, the growth engine of women’s wealth. Alpher is reshaping the way women think about investing. Our three pillared solution provides the support networks women currently lack to build investment confidence, combined with an investment solution built to enable women to accumulate wealth over the long term, whilst meeting the goals and values they aspire to.
- Competitive salary and equity - negotiable based on experience. We’re looking for the best to join Alpher, so we use a data-driven approach to ensure that we're offering competitive salary & equity packages.
- Generous pension contribution - we are focused on long term investing. We want to put your pension in the best position now so you can enjoy the future you deserve.
- £500 annual learning and development budget - this is for you to spend the way you want, and does not need to have direct relation to your current role.
- **25 days annual leave (excl. bank holiday) - take them all.
- We are office based - we believe that to build a new best-in-class product and culture, nothing beats collaborating in-person. At the same time, we understand the flexibility that the odd work from home day can give us.
- Technical equipment - we will invest in the stuff you need to do your job properly.
- Regular team off-sites - we believe it’s important to get the team together outside the office.
- We are flexible on other benefits - we are all at different stages in life, and appreciate different things. It’s not up to us to decide what they are for you. We give you the power to choose what you want through our flexible benefits scheme.
What Might Excite You About Alpher.
- You will join a company setting out to do huge things for society. The product we are building at Alpher has the potential to bring financial independence and confidence to millions of women.
- There has never been a better time to build Alpher. We are at an inflection point, with a number of macro trends colliding that makes now the time to launch Alpher. Retail investing is at an all time high, whilst female wealth accumulation and academic outperformance is at its highest. We don’t see any of these trends slowing.
- Female first works. At Alpher, we’re joining some of the worlds most valuable start ups building products that put women at the core, such as: Maven Clinic, Bumble, Elvie and Glossier. These companies are backed by world leading investors that increasingly understand the value of gender-aware solutions.
- We want to set up our employees for long term success, whether that is with us or perhaps starting your own business. We believe the days of a one role career are long gone. We want to ensure at Alpher you are on a constant learning curve, where internal mobility is encouraged. We want you to one day look back on your time at with us as pivotal for your personal and professional growth.
- Shape our culture. By joining early, you will help define the culture we want to embody at Alpher both now and as we grow.
- We are a values-based business that genuinely cares about gender equality. We want to foster a culture of trust, growth, honesty and good energy for the men and women that work with us.
What Might Not Excite You About Alpher.
- Priorities may shift quickly. We will be frequently tackling evolving problems that don’t have clear-cut answers. While we make calculated decisions, we are building a culture of experimentation, and we will pivot as necessary based on data and user feedback.