Careers @ Cecil. Open Roles . Core Values . Benefits. Life at Cecil . Cecil Stories. FAQs.
👋 Cecil is on a mission to help teams restore nature by making it easy to develop and report on Natural Capital at global scale. We believe this is the most effective way to fight climate change and accelerate us towards a nature-positive economy.
🔎 We are looking for an experienced software engineer at lead or principal level to help us create a solid engineering culture. The ideal person for this role will bring onboard thought leadership in trunk-based development, continuous deployment to production, lean, XP, serverless and event sourcing architectures.
🌻 What you will do
- Own features end-to-end, including systems design, automated testing, implementation, documentation, deployment, observability, refactoring and optimisation
- Embrace “You build it, You run it” with ownership of the entire infrastructure across multiple deployment environments within diverse cloud partners
- Improve our Developer Experience internal tooling and key architectural decisions with a focus on resilience, data privacy, security and scalability
- Mentor team members in your domain and technical areas of expertise while fostering a culture of continuous improvement and career development
- Create a collaborative engineering culture that inspires the team to deliver well-tested software while balancing speed to meet business goals
☀️ What you will bring to Cecil
- Extensive experience developing resilient, secure, highly scalable software applications within AWS and/or similar cloud providers
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, software design principles, automated testing, networking protocols and distributed systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- Well-versed in multiple programming languages and paradigms, preferably in two or more of Go, Rust, Kotlin, Clojure, Scala, Java, Python, Haskell, Erlang, C#, C/C++
📚 Tech Stack
- Go, Terraform, AWS Serverless, Event Sourcing, CQRS, Aurora Postgres, Dynamo, SQS, SNS, React, Netlify, GitHub Actions, DataDog
🌈 Bonus skills