What if you had the chance to engineer a product that shapes the future of one of the world’s most popular leisure activities?
That's what we're doing here at Deckee. Over 200 million people go boating around the world every year, and our software can help them stay informed and safe on the water. At the same time, our technology helps governments and maritime authorities plan and understand boating activity in unprecedented ways.
We are now growing our development team with exceptionally talented people that can help us deliver this vision at global scale.
🤔 This might be for you if...
- You are a strong critical thinker. You can always argue either side of a technical decision because you always approach it from both sides.
- You are highly driven. Development isn't so much a job or a career, you see it as a way of life. You have side-projects and ideas that you never get enough time to work on.
- You have a continuing interest in learning and developing your skills outside the scope of what your paid work offers.
- You are highly conscientious about your work, but business value is always the key driver in your approach.
- You know that the quality of a job is not the work you perform, but the people you perform it with.
- You have strong opinions about your craft and the industry, but you enjoy hearing the point of view of others and you can be easily swayed.
🛥️ About Deckee
- Deckee is on a mission to help everyone stay safe and informed on the water. Our mobile app and website bring together weather, aids to navigation, points of interest, government data and crowdsourced reports.
- We are a remote-friendly team with an awesome, laidback HQ in Newcastle, Australia. We work primarily in an asynchronous fashion. Work where you want, when you want, how you want. You're a professional, we trust that you already know how to perform at your best!
- We work closely with government organisations and maritime authorities to distribute important marine alerts and information to the community, and provide unprecedented insights and data that help shape planning, projects and policies.
ℹ️ Your responsibilities at Deckee
- We are currently experiencing exciting growth and we want you to help us continue drive this momentum with new features, and enabling future features to be delivered faster and cheaper by keeping our technical debt low.
- You will report directly and work closely with our Chief Technology Officer, planning and producing new features and updates for our existing app, while also contributing to new, strategic greenfield projects.
- Building internal and external facing services.