Technology has given us broader access than ever before to romantic prospects.
But it has also created new challenges:
- We spend more time interacting with dating apps than with actual humans.
- It’s hard to communicate our authentic selves in online dating profiles and messaging threads. It's also difficult to understand who someone else really is.
- Time-crunched, we plan first dates designed for efficient evaluation, forcing ourselves to conclude yes or no with as little time investment as possible.
Dating — what should be a source of joy and romantic potential— can leave us feeling tired and disconnected.
illustration by ohsew (IG: @oh.sew, website: ohsew.art)
What is Slow Date?
Slow Date is based on a core belief: that every first date is an opportunity for authentic, meaningful connection.
Finding this connection takes time and intentionality. It also takes letting go of some natural tendencies: quick judgments, pre-conceived notions of who this person ought to be. The reward is truly seeing someone for who they are, a pre-requisite for any deeper relationship.
How does it work?
- Read the criteria to determine if Slow Date is right for you
- Complete the questionnaire (linked at the bottom of the page)
- I will reach out if you have a match (this could happen immediately or several months from now as I keep you in my database)
- You'll participate in a 1 hour virtual date with written guidance to make it a meaningful experience