This page is maintained by @Dimi Dimitrov
next steps: legislative process via Parliament
- 3**-11-2021:** The Slovak Government approved the proposal of Copyright Act amendment
- 4-10-2021: The first phase of the official legislative process (the so-called interdepartmental comment procedure) on transposition of CDSM directive ended. In the next phase, the Ministry of Culture will evaluate the comments of the ministries, other official institutions and stakeholders.
- 24-09-2021: The official legislative process on transposition of CDSM directive started.
Legislatívny proces - SLOV-LEX
- 26-04-2021: Working Group Meeting at the Ministry of Culture (just a few hours before this meeting, CMOs provided another proposal, however, it wasn´t distributed among other members of the Working Group)
- 21-04-2021: CMOs provided a proposal for transposition of the CDSM directive; it is strongly pro-authors and it is quite controversial. In addition, also the Association of Independent (Film) Producer provided its position, which is rather pro-user.
- 21-04-2021: The Ministry of Culture distributed the working version of the proposal of the Copyright Act transposing the CDSM directive .
- 2020 - 2021: The public debate started in 2020. The Ministry of Culture has set up a consultative committee (working group) composed of experts and stakeholders. Preliminary draft of the main provisions is providing continuosly. The legislative process will probably start in June 2021.
- 10-12-2019: The Government's Copyright Committee met for a first discussion on the transposition of the CDSM directive.
- 03-03-2020: The Ministry of Culture held a meeting on the issue of implementation of article 17. The first meeting was on limitations and exceptions, mostly representatives of CMOs & audiovisual sector were present. The Ministry plans 3 or 4 meetings more on article 17.
📑 National implementation overview
Slovakia implementation structure
The Ministry of culture woke up and presented a draft Romanian copyright