Our team uses Slack internally for instant messaging. It allows for us to contact members and have them reply asynchronously.
If you’ve never used Slack before their own documentation and video tutorials are a great place to start.
Guide to White Rabbit’s Slack channels
Here’s an overview of some channels you may encounter.
- #random - Use this channel to post random things you find of interest (work or non-work related!) 🤪
- #recruiting - Discussion about recruiting topics, such as scheduling interviews or discussing candidates and roles.
- #wre-buying - WRE Purchasing topics. This a the daily ops channel for Buyers.
- #wre-rpa - RPA is Robotic Process Automation. This is a notification channel for purchasing robots aka “Rabots.”
- #praise - Use this channel to share your appreciation for your colleagues 💞
🏆 PRAISE BETTER
Great praise includes: What did they do? Why does it matter? How does it make you feel?
Engineering / Product channels
eng is the prefix for engineering / product channels, commonly used by Engineering, Product, and Ops Teams. For example:
- #wre-eng - White Rabbit Express related engineering topics.
- #jpr-eng - Japan Rabbit related engineering topics.
- #blk- eng - Blackship-related engineering topics.
ops is the prefix for operations channels, commonly used by Buyers, Customer Service Teams, Fulfillment Teams, and Ops Managers. For example:
- #wre-ops- White Rabbit Express related operations topics. Except for purchasing ops.
- #jpr-ops - Japan Rabbit related operations topics.