If you have something that impacts a lot of people or workflows, make it a Team Update and announce in Slack #general channel.
If the update is less impactful in nature or only relevant to a specific team/project:
- Have the information available for reading / viewing somewhere accessible for everyone that might want to. Default to internally public.
- Announce it however you want. This can be in the team call, on Slack, in a meeting. Up to you!
- When you announce it, link to where it's documented (see also Culture of Documentation) If you find that you're sharing more than is documented, make sure to update the documentation or source material.
Don't use Google Slides / Pitch / Keynote etc for updates
A slide show is one of the worst ways to present an update.
- it's not searchable
- it forces a format and size, whereas something need more text/content
- it adds needless overhead in formatting it
- it prevents you from writing, where you really should
- it's impossible to skim quickly
Just create a notion page,