💡 This process describes the steps that must be carried out during the process of detecting and presenting a new opportunity that is outside of our Core Focus but that can represent a great opportunity
- A detailed proposal of the opportunity must be prepared, containing the sections described in "Proposal Content"
- Once the proposal is written, it must be shaped in Basecamp in the Leadership space
- The proposal must be available to the Leadership team at least one week before the next L10 to have enough time to evaluate it
- The whole Leadership Team must evaluate the proposal as well as possible issues and implications that have not been taken into account
- During L10 the proposal will be treated as an Issue in the IDS and the Leadership team will have to made a decision if it is addressed or not, or to implement it later
The proposal's goal is to be able to answer some questions that clear the uncertainty, such as:
- What are we trying to validate here?
- What are the specific KPIs to monitor?
- What is the potential business opportunity behind?
- How does the model look?
- Description / Context: Describe the opportunity and its context, how the opportunity appears
- Implications: What implications does it have for the team and estimate of necessary resources
- Validating: What is expected to validate with this opportunity
- Goals & KPIs: What are the main Goals and KPIs that will measure success on whether or not goals are achieved
- Potential Business Opportunity: A small business case about what is the potential of the business opportunity
- Issues: What issues have been found or need to be resolved if you decide to address the opportunity