Opal, The Focus Company™️, is the first app to connect to Screen Time API on iOS16, making it ridiculously easy for the 1Bn iPhone and iPad users to measure and improve their focus, both at work and outside of work.
UNDER EMBARGO: until September 15, 11 AM / 2 PM EST.
- The website and app store page will be updated as the embargo lifts, with our new branding and the information included in this press release.
- You can test Opal on iOS16 through Testflight, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opal is the 1st app to connect to Screen Time on iOS16, making it ridiculously easy for the 1Bn iPhone and iPad users to measure and improve their focus, both at work and outside of work.
- With this update comes Focus Score®, a new technology to check your focus level at any point throughout the day, based on the apps you use. Measure your progress with clear metrics, important context and measure with your peers.
- 200,000 people have installed Opal to focus better since 2021. Data shows they are less distracted (94%), experience better productivity (93%), enjoy increased well-being (90%) and save an average of 2 hours of screen time per day. Opal Impact Study.
- Kenneth Schlenker, Opal Founder and CEO, says “People spend around 4 hours per day on their phone, starting age 12. To put this into perspective, this means that they will spend 17 years of their life staring down at a phone. The new Opal makes it incredibly easy to manage your screen time, be less distracted and focus on what really matters.”
- Our mission is to help 1Bn people Focus better day to day (and accomplish their dreams). We believe in the power of technology for human progress, productivity and happiness.
- At launch in 2020, Opal built and operated on its own VPN technology. This year Opal has partnered with Apple to connect to native iOS Screen Time technology via API, and make the experience better for everyone.
- Opal for iOS16 is now live on the App Store and available for anyone to download - https://opal.so. Opal is also available on the Chrome Store to use it on your Desktop.
- You can download our brand assets and app screenshots here.
How it works
Opal gives you tools to focus better, including making distracting apps magically disappear from your phone or desktop while you are focusing. With Focus Score®, you’re able to check your focus level throughout the day and measure your progress, in real-time.