The right beautifully designed and implemented user interface can make all the difference in the world. The frontend exists at the edge, between the user and the system; it is the window by which one gazes into the soul of the software. At Rainway, we take our frontends seriously. If you live by the same philosophy, consider working for us.
← All Open Positions · Intro · Role · Apply
Why this Role?
- Build the next big thing: Rainway aims to bring desktop software to billions of new devices worldwide by creating new ways for developers to distribute and build their products. We are creating the world Xerox PARC imagined decades ago. You can help us realize this dream.
- Work with some of the best engineers in the world: A team of less than five from all over the world built technology that is used and trusted by some of the largest companies in the world. Learn from a team with decades of combined experience and share your own. We're stronger together.
- Join us at a magical time: You not only get to design and build one of our core products, but also help define the culture of the company as a whole.
About this Role
So, what will you do as a Senior Web Frontend Developer?
- Work with our designer to implement high fidelity responsive user interfaces, wrangle state and communicate with multiple backend APIs.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and roll out applications with cross-functional impact.
- Own continuous improvement and fine tuning of frontend performance, responsiveness and user experience.
- Independently design, code, and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes and make designs come to life.
This might be for you if you have...
- A strong web development background with an understanding of key technologies, frameworks and build toolchains.
- A willingness and ability to learn and grow your skillset to effectively utilize new technologies, features, and paradigms as they evolve.
- Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies.
- Experience in development of large-scale consumer facing single page apps involving tiered accounts with organization relationships and payment processing is highly sought.