← All Open Positions · Intro · Role · Apply
Why this Role?
- Build the next big thing: Rainway is ushering in a new era of computing with real-time interactive streaming, bringing applications previously constrained to powerful desktops to billions of new devices worldwide by creating new ways for developers to distribute and build their products.
- Work with some of the best engineers in the world: A small team from all over the world built technology that is used and trusted by some of the largest companies in the entertainment. From video encoding gods, to backwards engineering geniuses, to rate control wizards, we have assembled a group of people who are unbelievably good at what they do. Learn from our diverse experiences and share your own. We're stronger together.
- Join us at a magical time: You not only get to design and build one of our core products, but also help define the culture of the company as a whole.
About this Role
So, what will you do as a Senior Streaming SDK Developer?
- Lead our small, talented, and geographically distributed team of engineers to build an enterprise class, cross-platform SDK for our ultra low-latency, video and audio streaming technology.
- Plan and delegate engineering tasks, communicate requirements, lead design discussions, mentor junior engineers, provide constructive feedback for code reviews, and participate in interviews and hiring decisions to help grow the team.
- Independently design, code, and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes and make designs come to life.
- Research and build prototypes in order to bring our capture and encoding technology to new platforms, such as Linux and macOS.
This might be for you if you have...
- You love programming. You love the feeling of making the computer bend to your will.
- You hate bugs. You love to search them out and destroy them.
- You geek out about writing elegant, easy to understand, but also efficient code.
- You love working as a team to accomplish something collectively.
- You've got a strong background in multi-threaded programming.
- You have experience with designing and implementing software, especially SDKs, that seamlessly support multiple platforms. Especially for Windows, MacOS, Linux, and/or Android.