Imprint is growing and a priority initiative is scaling our payments platform to serve millions of card holders.
Learn more about Imprint's mission and values by clicking below:
About the role
Imprint is reimagining the relationship between consumers and the brands they love through innovation in payments and rewards. Specifically, we’re building a branded credit card, payments and rewards platform to serve merchants and marketplaces born on the internet. Our goal is to empower merchants to share in the significant loyalty, sales, and margin improvements that result from branded credit card and loyalty programs
Building a branded credit card platform requires us to create an entire credit card infrastructure with a truly modern architecture. The platform needs to be built for scale and accuracy from launch as each partner-brand provides a channel to millions of consumers. The problems we are tackling include:
- A scalable payments authorization back-end capable of handling multiple millions of transactions a day at launch
- A new, in-house credit decisioning model that works off of multiple data sources and provides instant decisioning
- An issuing system to interface with our bank and allow customers to attain and seamlessly manage their credit cards online
- A general ledger that will account for all user transactions and loyalty rewards, with 100% correctness at scale
This is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage startup that needs to build for scale and accuracy immediately.
- Own the architecture design and implementation of core backend functions: payment processing, credit modeling, fraud detection, general ledger, etc.
- Guide technical decision making and help to evaluate technologies that will scale both with the company and our user base
- Work with our leadership team to craft the ideal technical culture
- Be a product voice and give direct feedback and work closely with our product team
- Mentor other engineers in the organization and help to grow the engineering team
- Work cross functionally with sales, marketing, business development, and operations teams as they grow
We are looking for folks with
- 6-8+ years of back-end engineering experience