Taktile is a technology company building cloud-native software that underpins the financial products of the future. Taktile exists to create value for organizations through smarter and safer decisions at scale. Our goal is to become the world's leading software provider for automated decision-making in the financial services industry and, to date, our software has been used by our customers to power over 15 million credit decisions.
Taktile is based in Berlin and New York City. It was founded by machine learning and data science veterans with extensive experience building and running production ML in financial services. Our team consists of engineers, entrepreneurs, and researchers with a diverse set of backgrounds. Some of us attended top universities such as Harvard, Oxford, and ETH Zurich and some of us have no degree at all. We have accumulated extensive work experience at leading tech companies, startups, and the enterprise software sphere. Our backers include Y Combinator, Index Ventures, firstminute Capital, and stellar angels such as the founders of Looker, GitHub, Mulesoft, Datadog and UiPath.
What You'll Do
- Shape the entire product design cycle at Takile by mentoring the growing team on Product Design best practices. This includes: User research, UX flows, prototyping, usability testing, creating production ready UI designs by applying and maintaining visual design systems.
- User Research: Execute qualitative and quantitative user research processes for a variety of interactions, from internal stakeholder interviews to formal user interviews and informal industry expert conversations.
- UX flows: Iterate rapidly with the engineering team to define the experience of engaging with our product, from scoping user's problems and defining user task flows
- Prototyping & Testing: Create prototypes using a variety of tools and methods, to conduct usability tests that (in)validate key product hypotheses
- UI Design: Take ownership of the Taktile's visual identity, our Design System in Figma, and work closely with the front-end team to ensure it is adhered to.
- Come into the office (in Berlin) at least a couple of days a week, once the COVID-19 pandemic lets up.
- Learn together with your co-workers, by following your intellectual curiosity to discover more about new markets and technologies as well as by participating in our active feedback culture
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- A love of combining creativity with an analytical understanding of user needs through process driven product design
- You offer a problem-solving mentality, and keen interest in shaping an AI product for our users
- 3+ years proffessional experience as a Product Designer or UX/UI Designer
- An indepth portfolio showcasing your end-to-end product design abilities
- You speak fluent English and you have strong overall communication skills; German is a plus
- B2B or SaaS experience is a strong plus
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS, React and Typescript is a strong plus
- A willingness to work in a fast paced startup environment