We're looking for a product designer to join our team at Primer!
🤗 About us
Illustration by Jess Wang
We’re building tools that help creative kids come together to take their interests far.
Learn about how we designed Primer Journals, a tool for kids to document what they make.
We're not taking a traditional approach, and we're not looking for traditional thinkers. We're working on Primer because we believe it's the most important work of our lives, and we're building a company where you can do the best work of your life.
Check out our 6-week collaborative learning experience called Galactic Explorations.
We're a small team with a sunny office in the Mission District in San Francisco. We hail from companies like Airbnb, Square, Khan Academy, and Gumroad. We're well funded by many of the top investors in our industry and are building a real business fueled by real revenue — not just venture capital.
The design team is currently just a small team of 1 (Elizabeth!)
💭 What we believe
Illustration by Jess Wang
- We believe that kids are remarkable — and that our current education system is underestimating them.
- We believe that we need a new kind of education system — one where we value what kids learn both outside the classroom and inside the classroom. Where they learn how to solve real problems, not how to pass tests. Where they learn to think critically for themselves, not to memorize the traditional views. Where they are more ambitious, more curious, and more creative as a byproduct of their education experience.
- We believe that we need more kids pursuing non-standard paths. We need more 'weirdos' by society's standards — kids that blaze their own trail, follow their passions, and learn to think differently.
- We believe that offering an accessible, superior education to millions of kids is one of the highest leverage things technology can do — and by doing so, we have a chance to bend the arc of history.
💖 About you
- You have a generalized design skillset with strengths in visual design and experience designing projects independently from beginning to end.
- You've been an in-house product designer at a company for at least 2 years.
- You have experience creating design libraries and systems from scratch.
- You care deeply about crafting high quality product experiences, and obsess over the details.
- You're a great facilitator and collaborator. You're comfortable leading brainstorms and building a shared vision across the team.
- You have experience jumping between product and brand design.