Redesign what human connection could be, one conversation at a time.
This might be one of the most impactful design challenges you'll have to solve in your life.
Navigating the subtle balance of cultural codes, new behaviors and technology you can empower millions of deaf & hard-of-hearing people with Ava to meaningfully participate and communicate in their daily lives, at work or at school. But this is also an opportunity to reflect and redefine how human communication actually happens, explore how it could be made drastically more inclusive, efficient, and connected; and to actually see it through.
"Give me a lever long enough and a support on which to place it, and I shall move the world." — Archimedes
To change the world, communication is our support, and your mission will be to craft the most effective lever 💫
← All Open Positions and More About Ava • Role • Ava • Apply
About this Role
You'd be perfect for this role if:
- You can untangle hard conceptual problems and have sharp intuition for how people use products (UX).
- You can create compelling visual designs (UI)
- You care about the business needs, implications, and possibilities of your designs. You understand trade-offs are necessary, and can balance between craft, speed and the bottom line.
- You have strong beliefs, loosely held. You're a good listener who likes to collaborate.
- You like to tell stories using both words and visuals, and strategize the best way to make your point across.
- ✨ Optional: you can produce graphics, videos, animations and GIFs with a high level of craft and attention to detail.
- ✨ Optional: you have bases of (or desire to learn) sign language to easily connect with our users.
Why this Role?
- Actually change lives at an unprecedented scale: How often do you hear about apps that make people cry of joy? It is really for us a unique opportunity and privilege to be able to meaningfully improve the lives of 100,000s of people - and yet to still be at the very beginning of our mission!
- Explore new fascinating worlds: Your work will lead you to meet and get accustomed to a very unique and diverse set of users, from Deaf community members practicing sign language users to older people who became hard-of-hearing with age. As we get to know our users, we're often very inspired by the way they live their lives!