We are looking for a Senior Narrative Writer to direct both the creative and technical aspects of storytelling for our app.
Loóna is an app designed to help people get in the right mood for sleep. It is an immersive combination of a coloring activity, guided storytelling, ambient music, and breathing exercises. Loóna unites the most popular relaxation techniques in an interactive format. This experience allows users to completely disengage from their day and contributes to a healthy wind-down ritual before bedtime.
- 2M+ downloads
- 10M mindful minutes that users spend with Loóna every month
- 2021 Apple Design Award winner
- Google Best App of 2020 winner
- Featured in Vogue, Forbes, Techcrunch, CNN, and more
- Loóna’s investors include: Natalia Vodianova, Elefund, Hoxton Ventures, Elysium, Matthew Freud, Mark Vranesh, Michael Antonov, and Palta
As a Senior Narrative Writer you will:
- Manage the writing and narrative processes both vertically within the narrative department and horizontally across all departments: control of the narrative team/capacity load that we can invest according to product plans and resource optimization; setting tasks and acceptance of their implementation (tasks for writing texts for slipscape/ marketing / brand/ product, etc.); expansion of the department's resource (shortlist and screening of candidates); selection of actors for voicing certain narratives; working with voiceover, localization and proofreader artists
- Oversee all aspects of the narrative process from developing the initial plot and delivery mechanisms to handling our localization pipeline
- Write the dang thing… we expect everyone including leads to be hands-on within their respective field, using the tools, and leading by example
- Build style guides and best practices that can be used by the writing team and those who need to directly collaborate with them
- Coordinate writers and narrative designers both internally and externally in conjunction with production. Reporting. Budgeting.
- Brainstorm ideas for future sleepscapes with other writers
- Communicate with narrators and control recording process
- Work together with the Product, Art and Sound teams on implementing new interactive mechanics
What we expect from you:
- Experience in a writing or narrative designer role
- The ability to communicate fluently with artists, product managers, engineers around different implementations of tools and pipelines