Your Role | Your Profile | Our Offer | The Benefits | The Process | Apply now!
lemon.markets is going to be built in the cloud, hence you will be one of the first people helping us to configure everything that is needed to deploy, maintain and monitor our API from the ground up. As well as helping us to create a highly reliable event-driven architecture on top of Kafka to stream and store millions of quotes / trades per day for our customers.
On top of AWS we are enabled to offer the highest reliability to our demanding customers (developers😉 ). Therefore, we make no compromises on quality, aiming for a 100% uptime. Meaning extensively monitoring all services and automatically alerting the right people, while constantly optimizing processes and tools will be a part of your job, too.
To safeguard the security of our customers, you will help operate our private subnets, while keeping track of internal security preventing issues inside the organization as well.
Together with our backend team, you will create a suitable pipeline (CI/CD) to push code to production using certain stages to ship quality code and not lose speed while releasing great features.
- You have at least 3y experience with building infrastructure in the Cloud (AWS is a bonus). The main goal for you is to prevent the biggest downside for lemon.markets: not being available to our customers. We think that your previous experiences are very important to work this out.
- You don't measure success in speed, but in consistency. You will be the voice of our existing customer, when we are shipping new features or want to scale up our marketing. Therefore, you should really root for consistency. ****
- You have no problem with learning new technology on the go. You try to solve problems with more things than the ones you already know. We will always help you with that, but your willingness has to come first.
- You have been part of an (early stage) startup or a similar lean organization before. Working in an early stage startup can be somehow frightened, overwhelming and amazing at the same time. We want you to have experienced this before.
- You enjoy building a product from scratch. This means high involvement in the product process and understanding what the customer really needs. It also means that you enjoy taking technical decisions.
- You should not over-engineer. Hence, we have to meet our requirements regarding security, latency and uptime. You should always find the right sweet spot between over-engineering and our requirements.
—> We are more than happy to be proven wrong. Simply apply if the job sounds good to you and we will have an honest conversation about you and the way you think about infrastructure engineering.
- Salary based on your experience. Fair cash compensation, adjustable with your appetite for stock options.
- Mandatory stock options program. We want you to be a true owner for the long term. ****
- Full time contract, flexible when needed. We try to find the perfect balance for you.
- We will bring you to Berlin. If required, we will support you with your relocation & Visa sponsorship.