Enable a magical & seamless web experience of Ava's real-time transcription
Ava started as an app-based captioning system, and is quickly expanding in use cases. Our users want to bring it at work, at school, project captions, and have other people edit in real-time the transcription to help them.
We're looking for a Full Stack Developer who will take the lead on building out the Ava experience on the web. If you care about all the details that makes a first experiences become magical for a new user, and are looking to make a huge impact on society, this is a position for you.
← All Open Positions and More About Ava • Role • Ava • Apply
About this Role
You'd be perfect for this role if:
- You've built and maintained quality user interfaces & complex web applications that have reached a large audience, ideally while the product is experiencing rapid growth.
- You can readily learn most technologies as you go. To you, technologies are about tools and tradeoffs, not an ideology.
- You care about the business implications of anything you build. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You're diligent and patient, have an eye for detail, and passion for a high-quality finish.
- You're fluent with React, Node, Typescript, CSS
- You're very familiar with AWS, Firebase, Parse & Docker
- Bonus: Experience with Electron
- Bonus: MS in Computer Science
So... what will you do as a Full Stack Web Developer at Ava?
- You'll build key features from the Ava app to the web: through conception, research, maintenance, and polish.
- You'll be owning the Web development and deployments at Ava and coordinate prioritization with the Product & Engineering teams.
- You'll build improvements to performance, reliability, product polish, and release delivery process — for example, delivering a web-based performance close to the app version, or making the work of real-time transcribers seamless.