In short: Full-time position based remotely in Europe. Salary €80 - €120k. ****Generous stock options in the company. We are building the Stripe for SIM cards.
😍 We are Gigs
- Gigs is a telecom as a service. We are building Stripe for SIM cards.
- Providing platforms custom phone & data plans through an easy-to-use API in 200+ countries.
- For consumers, Gigs makes it super simple to subscribe to and manage a phone plan with a few clicks. A phone plan you’ll love to use yourself. Easy, transparent & global connectivity for your smartphone, smartwatch or IoT device.
- See immediate results of your work. Our large-scale integrations mean huge adoption within a short time. We obsess about the needs of our partners and their end customers to build a best-in-industry experience.
- We are backed by the investors behind Stripe, Dropbox, Airbnb, Facebook, Spotify & Plaid. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and investors that can help us in tricky situations.
- We completed Y Combinator and have further raised our Seed and Series A.
🔧 The position
- You will design and develop a truly developer-friendly public API from scratch. Spearheading our engineering team for APIs, you will build a core part of Gigs products in a spectacularly robust fashion.
- You will define and document our API principles, best practices, and style guides. This is your opportunity to establish paradigms and completely steer the direction of product development.
- You will work closely with business stakeholders to model powerful, yet easy-to-use API endpoints. You will be able to design and build it from scratch.
- You will build and integrate APIs and services and work with our partners to launch new markets, connectivity methods, and capabilities.
- You will be able to build a core backend API engineering team around you.
👟 About you
→ We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you. 🦄
- You worked with successful public APIs. You are excited to bring a wealth of knowledge to Gigs and enjoy being hands-on in designing great APIs. You will own this product.
- You enjoy thinking rigorously about API design and diving deep into the details to deliver a great developer experience. You enjoy thinking about how to create amazing developer experiences with systems, and services and write high-quality code.
- You enjoy building a product from scratch. This means owning the design process and writing high-quality code. It also means that you enjoy taking technical decisions and leading a team to success.