As a developer nothing feels better than coming across a beautifully designed API. Thoroughly documented, easy to understand resources, fast queries with predicable responses. A true delight to build against. We're looking to create an API developers can love as we help them build the future of computing. That is where you come in.
← All Open Positions · Intro · Role · Apply
Why this Role?
- Build the next big thing: Rainway aims to bring desktop software to billions of new devices worldwide by creating new ways for developers to distribute and build their products. We are creating the world Xerox PARC imagined decades ago. You can help us realize this dream.
- Work with some of the best engineers in the world: A team of less than five from all over the world built technology that is used and trusted by some of the largest companies in the world. Learn from a team with decades of combined experience and share your own. We're stronger together.
- Join us at a magical time: You not only get to design and build one of our core products, but also help define the culture of the company as a whole.
About this Role
So, what will you do as a Senior API Developer?
- Design and implement high performance scalable database-centric serverless microservices and RESTful APIs
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and roll out applications with cross-functional impact
- Own continuous improvement and fine tuning of API performance, scalability and security
- Independently design, code, and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes
This might be for you if you have...
- A strong API development background with an understanding of developing external facing APIs to be used by customers and their products
- 5+ years of backend experience: NodeJS, JSON, REST, JWT, Micro Services, MongoDB, NoSQL
- 4+ years of AWS Lambda
- Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies
- Experience in development of large-scale consumer facing micro-services solution is highly recommended
- Experience building serverless solutions is preferred