- Have complimentary skills with a co-founder.
- Establish clear equity schemes.
- Adapt as your company grows:
- Outsource non-strategic functions: hr, legal, accounting, office managing.
- Fire fast, be kind but firm, it's not a discussion, involve HR and legal if necessary, have a process that includes a PIP as the last warning.
Table of Contents
Co-founders & First Hires
- Do you have complementary skill sets?
- Establish co-founder equity.
- Funding teams are generally 2 people, as big as 5 sometimes.
- If you have less than 10 employees: hire generalists.
- If you have more than 10 employees: start hiring for depth, not breath, of knowledge.
- Remote vs. Office.