Ava has built the best real-time transcription service (combining AI & human transcription) on the market. Our mobile app & web suite integrates seamlessly with existing tools and workflows to make all meetings and conversations fully accessible for deaf & hard-of-hearing employees, students, and individuals. Well-funded and with a product & tech stack that is miles ahead of the competition, we are scaling Sales in the US, Canada, and beyond.
You will be integral to revenue growth at Ava by building and nurturing relationships with inbound leads; and prospecting the most appropriate individuals within organizations whose employees, students, or customers will benefit from Ava's state-of-the-art services. You will set Sales at Ava up for success by scheduling demos with decision-makers ready to explore Ava's services as an accessibility solution.
← All Open Positions and More About Ava • Role • About Ava • Apply
About this Role
You'd be perfect for this role if:
- You have 6-12 months of experience in business development, sales development, or both in a SaaS start-up.
- Hunting and cold outreach are your jam, whether that means sending an email, picking up the phone, or popping into the prospect's office.
- You are a relationship-building master, you're curious and know how to draw information out of people in a very genuine and natural way.
- Your creative messaging and out-of-the-box approach compels prospects to express interest and engage in conversation.
- You are tenacious and coachable, willing to continue trying from different angles to make sure you reach your desired result!
- You are characterized by your friends and colleagues as a hustler. You thrive in ambiguity and do things that might feel uncomfortable.
- You are really well organized and have no trouble juggling many projects at once. You have experience with working many leads in parallel, the more the merrier.
- You're patient, warm, and well mannered. Kindness is key.
- ✨ Bonus: You know or are familiar with (even just the basics of) American Sign Language and would be enthusiastic to learn it to help customers
Why this Role?
- Sell a product that really changes lives on a large scale: How often do you hear about apps that make people cry with joy? It's really special when users tell you your product has changed their life. It is a unique opportunity to be able to meaningfully improve the lives of 100,000s of people around the world - and we have only just started to scratch the surface!
- Work with some of the best people in the world: We have an incredibly talented and passionate team that is a lot of fun to work with. We're still super small and have already accomplished more than most teams 10x our size. Our interests are very diverse — and we love to mix them into our every day work-life balance.
- Help build the foundations of sales at Ava: As an early member of our sales team, you'll be instrumental in helping define our sales motion. Help us optimize our processes based on your prior experience, while building on top of our foundations and market knowledge.