It's almost time for Somewhere!
Gentle Suggestions of the Utmost Importance:
- Do sign-up for volunteer shifts here.
- This is a co-created event. That means it doesn't happen without your participation.
- Do bring all the food and shelter you need to survive.
- It is your responsibility to be radically self-sufficient.
- Do respect the boundaries of other somewherians.
- Do bring biodegradable soaps to use! This includes your kitchen.
- Do respect the animals and plants living on the site (including insects and amphibians)
- Do make or live your life as art.
- Get your car passes and camper passes before you arrive!
- Parking is limited and you want a good spot
- Contact Saed if you want to organise a workshop or performance! We have resources to support you. Or just do it.
- Print out your shmicket + car passes or have them downloaded on your phone.
- The will be scanned when you arrive and give you a wristband.
- If your kitchen uses only biodegradable, organic soaps (we recommend organic castille soap), you will be able to dispose of your greywater onsite.
- Otherwise, you must take ALL greywater you make with you off-site.
- If your camp does not do this, you will not be eligible for placement next year.
- Do bring trash bags and collect your own trash. Somewhere org offers SORTED trash drop-off on Sunday & Monday.
- Do bring an item to donate to the costume rack!
- Note: Fake furs will be melted and turned into carabiners!
- Do bring musical instruments to play or share in the jam space.
Even Gentler and More Important Suggestions
- Don't bring your pets (this includes dogs, cats, llamas, etc).
- Don't bring alcohol, smokable things, glitter (including biodegradable) to Somewhere.
- This is a radical experiment against the default.
- Don't cut or kill any plants.
- Don't make any fires!
- There will be a communal fire pit and a mini-burn. Camp-stoves are OK, as long as they are off the ground.