When troubleshooting connection issues, we may ask you to run an MTR test.
This test requires the use of a 3rd-party program. The steps below will guide you on performing the test.
- Download WinMTR
- Extract the contents of the .zip file downloaded to a location on your PC.
- Open the folder extracted from the .zip file and select the folder that matches your version of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit) and run WinMTR.exe
- Enter the IP address you want to test in the "Host" field of the application window. This is typically your server IP.
- Click "Start" to begin the test and connect to your service (if feasible) while running the test.
- After capturing about five minutes of data, click "Stop" in WinMTR.
- Click "Export Text" and save the .txt file to a location on your PC.
- Provide our team with the .txt file generated by WinMTR.
Notice for Minecraft Users: If you see "Unable to resolve hostname". Please check you've removed the port
:XXXX from the end of the Host field.
In the terminal shell enter
mtr <IP> where <IP> is replaced with your server IP.